Online training is available through Foster Care and Adoptive Community and Foster Parent College via the
National Resource Center for Youth Services, the DHS Learning Management System and the AGOS Group. Access
this training at http://www.okbridgefamilies.com/training/online/.
Foster Care and Adoptive Home Community and Foster Parent College
In order to make it easier for DHS Bridge resource parents to complete their annual training requirement, DHS
has provided 12 prepaid in-service credits through the Foster Care and Adoptive Home Community and Foster Parent
College online training sites. Each of these resources offers a variety of courses developed by professionals with
expertise in foster and kinship care and adoption. In order to access Foster Parent College, a resource parent must
first register through the National Resource Center for Youth Services. The Web address is http://www.nrcys.ou.edu/programs/rft.shtml. After entering the website, resource parents should follow the directions given.
The units paid for by DHS through Foster Care and Adoptive Community and Foster Parent College are not
available to resource parents providing Therapeutic Foster Care, Emergency Foster Care, or Contract Foster Care
for children and youths in the custody of DHS. These families receive in-service training through their contract
agencies and may take, free of charge, courses available on the Bridge Families website, www.okbridgefamilies.com.
If agreeable to their agencies, the families may take courses from Foster Parent College and the Foster Care and
Adoptive Community at their own expense.
Note: Each Bridge resource parent must have his or her own email address to enroll and earn training credits.
You must enroll through the links provided below to receive your training at no cost. You cannot be reimbursed if you
inadvertently pay for your courses.
Separate registrations are required for Foster Parent College and the Foster Care and Adoptive Community. If
you have already registered for either and your email address, Resource Specialist, or other information has changed,
please update your registration before selecting another course.
The DHS Learning Management System
Another option available to complete in-service training requirements involves the DHS Learning Management
System (LMS). A copy of the letter that was mailed to resource parents is included below for clarification and
instructional purposes. LMS training is available in addition to online training through Foster Parent College. This
option involves viewing Child Welfare videos and completing an online assessment. The videos may be viewed at
After viewing the video, in order to receive training hours, you must complete the online assessment in the
LMS with a passing score of 70 percent or better. You may complete the assessment as often as necessary to obtain a
passing score. Foster parent training credits for the videos will be reset every year, so you will only be able to receive
credit for a single video once each year. Each video is worth 1 hour of training credit.
Instructions for using the LMS:
- Access this URL on your computer: http://bridgelms.oucpm.org
- Click the “Create Account” button.
- Select “Head of household” if you receive Foster Care checks in your name. Select “Not head of household” if
you are an additional adult in the household.
- Type your first initial and last name in the “Username” field. You will need to remember this username in
order to log-on to the LMS in the future.
- Type the password you wish to use in the “Password” field. You will need to remember this password to log-on
to the LMS in the future.
- Type the password you have selected again, in the “Confirm Password” field.
- Type your first name in the “First Name” field.
- Type your last name in the “Last Name” field.
- Type your email address in the “Email Address” field.
- Type your phone number in the “Phone Number” field without using hyphens or parenthesis.
- Type your foster care contract number in the “Contract Number” field. Your foster care contract number may
be found on the front page of your contract. If you do not have a copy of your contract please contact
your resource specialist.
- Click the “Register” button
You will automatically be logged into the LMS. If you return to http://bridgelms.oucpm.org in the future you
can log in using the username and password you entered earlier. The video assessments are located on the Bridge
Resource Parent page. In additional, several additional instructional courses are available for credit on the Online
- Click on the name of an assessment or course to launch it.
- Change your personal information by clicking on the “Profile Information” button.
- Track your training hours by clicking the “Transcript” button on the Profile Information page.
- Exit the LMS by clicking the “Logout” button.
Note: Your training hours will accrue instantly in the LMS. However these hours will not transfer to the KIDS
system for approximately one week. You may need to work with your foster care specialist if this presents a problem.
If you have any questions about accessing the LMS contact the LMS help desk at email@example.com or call in the
Oklahoma City area 405-366-6023 or 866-237-2127 outside the Oklahoma City area.
Each assessment completed on-line through the LMS is equivalent to three training hours.
Continue to Other Training Opportunities