Kinship and Temporary Assistance for Needy Families

Relatives of the children placed in their care, may apply for Temporary Assistance for Needy Families. Contact the local OKDHS office to speak with a TANF worker in regards to the requirements that must be met in order to qualify for this payment. Once your home is approved as a kinship resource, you must notify TANF immediately. Resource parents are not eligible to receive a TANF benefit and the maintenance payment at the same time. Should that occur, an overpayment will be created, and all overpayments must be repaid in full.

Continue to Child Care