Here are further questions to ask when the decision has been made to accept a child into the home:
- When does Johnny need to see the doctor?
- When did he have his last physical and dental exam?
- What are the names of Johnny’s doctors and dentist and where are they located?
- Does Johnny have any medical, dental or behavioral health appointments already scheduled?
- What, if any, violent, traumatic or upsetting events have happened to Johnny or has witnessed?
- Does Johnny have a supply of his medication? How much longer should he continue on his medication? Where/ how can the prescription be refilled?
- Does Johnny need clothing?
- When is Johnny’s family’s next court date?
- What are some of Johnny’s favorite and least favorite foods?
- What is Johnny’s usual daily schedule?
- Where has Johnny been attending school (if school age)? Where will Johnny go to school? Will Johnny go to school tomorrow?
- What are the transportation arrangements for Johnny to get to and from school?
- What is the correct spelling of Johnny’s full name? Does he have a nickname? What does he like to be called? Who does Johnny talk to on the telephone? What are their numbers?
- What is the office and after-hours telephone number of the child welfare specialist? What is the name and telephone number of the supervisor?
- Who are some of the individuals closest to Johnny, and what is their relationship to him?
- Has Johnny ever run away?
- Are there individals we should be concerned about when out in public?
Continue to Protecting and Nurturing Children