When considering placement of a child, the following questions should be asked:
- How old is Johnny?
- Why is Johnny in foster care?
- What has happened to Johnny?
- Please describe Johnny’s personality and current behaviors.
- How is Johnny feeling emotionally at this time?
- How does Johnny feel about being in foster care?
- How do Johnny’s parents feel about him being in foster care?
- What is the plan for Johnny’s visits with his parents?
- How have his parents been handling the visits?
- Does Johnny have any siblings? If so, what are their names and ages and where are they placed?
- When is Johnny’s next visit with siblings?
- What is the plan to place the siblings together?
- Does Johnny have any medical problems or allergies? Is he on any medication, and if so, for what reason? Does he sleep well? If not, please explain.
- Does he eat well? If not, please explain.
- Does he have any food or other types of allergies?
- How long will Johnny need to be in care?
- Is this a change of placement for Johnny, and if so, why is he being moved? How is the legal case progressing? Are there any problems?
- What is the permanency plan for Johnny?
Continue to When a Child Is Placed