Health and Development

SoonerCare/Medicaid/Oklahoma Health Care Authority has several helpful phone numbers.

Call the SoonerCare Helpline at 1-800-987-7767 (Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.) to find a medical provider who accepts Medicaid.

Call the Patient Advice Line at 1-800-530-3002 (after 5 p.m. on weekdays and any time on weekends and holidays) to ask questions if you are not sure your child is in need of emergency care.

Call SoonerRide at 1-877-404-4500 (Monday through Saturday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.) to arrange transportation to a medical appointment.

WIC (Women, Infants and Children Supplemental Nutrition Program) through the Oklahoma State Department of Health provides resource information and food for infants and children up to age 5. See health/Child_and_Family_Health/wic or call your local health department for more information.

Child Care Warmline has recorded messages on topics such as toilet training, biting and ADHD. A nurse and child development specialist are also available to answer questions. Call 1-888-574-5437 or go to www.okdhs. org/childcare. Click on the “Provider” tab and click on the Warmline under Quick Links.

American Academy of Pediatrics provides health information categorized by developmental stages and by topic at

The Center for Disease Control and Prevention provides an overview of child development and links to positive parenting tips for infants and children ages birth through 8 years of age at

Zero to Three is a national advocacy group promoting good health, strong families and positive early learning experiences. Their website at contains information on how the brain develops in young children and what you can do to help with this development.

Continue to Child Care