Behavioral Health

In this section…

Behavior/Mental Health Support Services

Consultation for resource parents concerning day-to-day parenting of children placed in their home is available from a variety of professionals. Do not hesitate to call the child’s child welfare specialist if problems arise. Ask for help before the problem becomes an emergency. The child welfare specialist can request behavioral health services for children and families. Resource parents should expect to be full participants in planning and delivery of behavioral/mental health services both prior to placement and after placement of the child in their home.

Continue to Common Reactions to Placement