Medical Emergencies

In case of sudden illness or accident, take the child to the nearest emergency room. If there is time, call the child’s doctor. You may consent only to emergency admission and treatment for the child. Notify the child’s child welfare specialist or supervisor as soon as the child is receiving treatment. They will provide you with other necessary consents for medical care or surgery. Have a copy of the child’s Placement Provider Information form or printouts from the Child’s Passport with you to assist in giving accurate information. Give the hospital the child’s name, birth date, case number, and medical card. You must inform the hospital that you are not responsible for the medical charges, but SoonerCare is to be billed. Do not sign your name as “responsible party.” Sign only as the admitting person.

Continue to Financial Responsibility