The child placed in your home will attend the accredited school within your school district. The child’s child welfare specialist will arrange for school records and transcripts to be sent to the school. Resource parents must enroll the student. It is the resource parent’s responsibility to see that the child attends school regularly and, if needed, receives tutoring or special assistance with schoolwork. You should provide your telephone number and the child’s child welfare specialist’s name and telephone number to the school for emergency contact purposes.

Continue to Confidentiality