Child Care

If you are a single or a two-parent resource home and each of you is gainfully employed at least 20 hours a week or more, DHS will pay a licensed child care center or a licensed child care home to care for foster children placed in your home when you must be at work. Written verification of employment, including the number of hours and days each resource parent works must be provided to your Resource Specialist or to the child’s child welfare specialist. Child care is paid by DHS only for the hours of employment. It is not paid for educational, training or any reason other than employment. An alternate plan for child care must be developed in case of an emergency or when the child care facility is closed. If in-home child care is needed, or there is a need for child care for a purpose other than employment, consult your resource specialist.

Continue to Informal Arrangements or Babysitting